Vegan Recipes - Vegetable Tofu Stir Fry!
Hi everyone! since I am a huge fan of Chinese food, inspired by their famous recipe known as "Buddha's delight" or "Buddha's Feast", I've tried my own version of "Tofu Stir Fry". As i am a lazy cook, the good news is, this recipe doesn't take too long to prepare. A good source of Vitamin C, Tofu stir fry can be prepared in more than just one way and therefore has many variations to it, it can be prepared with or without fried Tofu, so lets start with the recipe.
- Extra Firm Tofu
- Cornstarch 2 tbsp. (mixed in water)
- Broccoli Florets (steam cooked) 1/2 cup
- Mushrooms 1/2 cup
- Carrots ( any other vegetable of your choice)
- Peanuts (optional) - split into half or coarsely ground.
- Soy Sauce - 1 tbsp.
- Sriracha or Chili Sauce - 1 to 1-1/2 tsp.
- Vinegar (1 tsp)
- Ginger Garlic Paste (1 tsp.)
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper corns - 1 tsp.
- Oil for frying
- Cut the tofu in cubes.
- Prepare a solution of cornstarch, water, salt, pepper powder, a tsp. of ginger garlic paste, 1/2 tsp soy sauce and 1/2 tsp. of chili sauce.
- Dip the tofu into the solution and shallow fry them on a pan.
- In a pan, heat oil, then add ginger garlic paste.
- Add all the vegetables and let it cook on a medium heat for 5-7 minutes. (Do not overcook the vegetables)
- Add peanuts.
- Add all the sauces, vinegar, remaining pepper powder with some salt and let it sit for 2-3 minutes with the vegetables.
- Finally add the Tofu and mix well.
Serving suggestions - Serve hot with fried rice, plain rice or noodles.
Hope you try this easy and nutritious recipe and do let me know if you like it.