5 Personality Traits That Shows Yoga Is Your Workout
|King Pigeon Pose - Raja Kapotasana|
Yoga is considered to be one of the most ancient exercises which trace back it's origin in India. According to some researches, it may be up to 10,000 years old. Patanjali, known as the father of Yoga, came up with the systematic presentation of classical Yoga, which later was adopted by modern Yoga masters, and made its impact around the world.
My rendezvous with Yoga happened two years ago. Although I come from the country of origin of Yoga. I was never naturally drawn towards it. I always thought that it requires a lot of flexibility, which of course, was not my forte. While I was still exploring my options with fitness in Boston, and perhaps, became more comfortable with Strength and Cardio workouts, I felt an urge to attend one of the "Power Yoga" classes in the vicinity, and Dang it! It was love at first breath. My fabulous instructor calmly guided us through the session, as we carefully maneuvered through our poses. The hypnotic music combined with a series of inhaling and exhaling left us feeling like a complete goddess. I gradually learned that Yoga is not acrobatics or gymnastics, although advanced yoga poses do require skillful balancing and intertwining of limbs. However, for the beginners, it's all about stretches with controlled breathing.
|Chakrasana - Wheel Pose|
There was no looking back after that episode, and I am pretty much obsessed with Yoga now. Because of the pandemic, Yoga kept me mentally and physically in great shape. So, how do you know if you are somebody cut out for Yoga? based upon my personal experience, here are the five facts, that may help you determine if Yoga is your cup of tea:
|Sirsasana - Head Stand|
1) You are Spiritual: Who doesn't want some peace and tranquility in their life? Wouldn't it be so much better if we get a toned body on the way towards Moksha? Just Kidding! Yoga gives you a perfect blend of physical, emotional, and psychological balance. It cultivates awareness and quiets your mind if you also incorporate some meditation in your practice. Therefore, perfect for those who are looking for spiritual fulfillment.
2) You love Challenges: So you want to push yourself and have a competitive edge. Advanced Yoga poses compel you to explore your limits, and there are innumerable poses you can try. You will never be enough.
3) Flexibility, Strength, and Balance: If you are looking for a workout that improves you on all three grounds, flexibility, strength, and balance. Yoga is your workout. Power yoga is a great workout to achieve a toned body.
4) Ambivert or Introvert: Join a Yoga class, and you would often be practicing in a group, which can be a great way to socialize. However, advanced poses are mostly practiced and mastered in a quiet environment. Therefore, Yoga provides you with both; the opportunity to meet new people, as well as provide you with an exclusive time on your mat, whichever you choose.
5) Sleepless nights for overthinkers: Often overthinkers find themselves trapped in sleepless night cycles. A good Yoga session before bedtime may help to enjoy a good sound sleep at night and overall great health.